AFI Conservatory Names 2019 Writers’ Room Ready Recipients
The AFI Conservatory today announced the recipients and mentors chosen for the fourth edition of the AFI Writers’ Room Ready. Aimed at cultivating the next generation of television scriptwriters, the program gives graduating AFI Conservatory Fellows the unique opportunity to work directly with established artists. AFI Writers’ Room Ready highlights select original scripts from top AFI graduates by pairing them with accomplished AFI Conservatory alumni mentors from the industry.
The Class of 2018 recipients, mentors and their projects are:
- Sofia Drumond-Moore, paired with Norberto Barba (AFI Class of 1990, producer/director on MAYANS M.C.)
- Cari Daly, paired with Lizzy Weiss (AFI TV Writers Workshop, Class of 1994, creator and writer/executive producer of SWITCHED AT BIRTH)
- Marco Evaristo Arizpe, paired with Manny Coto (AFI Class of 1984, writer and co-executive producer on 24: LEGACY)
- Jessi Shuttleworth, paired with Alyson Feltes (AFI Class of 1991, co-executive producer on OZARK)
- Sarah Swingley, paired with Jacqueline Hoyt (AFI Class of 2002, executive producer on DIETLAND)
Chosen by a panel of AFI alumni, the recipients were announced and honored at a reception on the AFI Campus on Thursday, May 17.