AFI AWARDS honors excellence in American motion picture storytelling by recognizing creative ensembles and celebrating works of significance which:
- Advance the art of the moving image
- Inspire audiences and artists alike
- Enhance the rich cultural heritage of America’s art form
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
AFI will consider eligible any screen story that fulfills the following criteria:
- Narrative fiction format
- Significant creative and/or production elements from the United States. Stories need not be presented in the English language if incontrovertibly American.
- First-run stories originally released to American audiences between March 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
Regarding submissions that do not fit AFI AWARDS’ eligibility criteria, AFI may confer an AFI SPECIAL AWARD – including foreign films and television programs; documentaries, reality and variety programming; video games; and other forms of storytelling outside of AFI’s conventional consideration.
Each submission requires a fully completed submission form, $250 administration fee and digital screeners for jury review – as well as six (6) physical screeners (Blu-ray preferred), with additional physical screeners to be made available upon request.
Digital screener requirements:
- If providing juror-specific links, addresses may be no more than 40 characters in length.
- If requiring juror-specific codes, 9-digit alphanumeric passwords will be provided by AFI.
Please send Blu-ray screeners to:
c/o Josh Kushins
2021 North Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Thursday, October 21, 5:00 p.m.
For additional information about AFI AWARDS, contact Josh Kushins at [email protected].