To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests, please respect the following American Film Institute (“AFI”) rules and rights:
EVENTS ACCESS DISCLAIMER
- Ticket holders/attendees shall abide by all the rules and regulations of AFI as specified on this site, as modified or supplemented in other documents or communications provided by AFI, and as informed and instructed by event and security personnel at any AFI events.
- Ticket holders/attendees agree to comply with AFI’s and the Dolby Theatre’s health and safety protocols for the evening. This likely will include proof of vaccination against COVID-19 and wearing masks.
- Tickets, passes and table purchases are non-refundable. AFI will not refund any payments made for any reason, including, but not limited to, failure to use tickets, passes or purchases due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchases. AFI will not issue refunds for tickets, passes, table purchases or any other forms of access, goods or privileges, where such access, goods or privileges have been revoked by AFI pursuant to its policies.
- Ticket holders/attendees must be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or guardian. Events are not rated and viewer discretion is advised.
- Ticket holders/attendees may be asked to pass through metal detectors and/or submit to a more extensive search. By seeking entry to an event, ticket holders/attendees consent to such searches and waive any related claims that may arise against AFI or its agents. If ticket holders/attendees elect not to consent to such searches, ticket holders/attendees may be denied entry to the event.
- Ticket holders/attendees must be seated in the venue at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s scheduled start time, or seat(s) may be forfeited.
The following items are prohibited at AFI events, are subject to confiscation and may result in ticket holders’/attendees’ removal from the event:
- Weapons of any kind or items that appear to be weapons.
- Alcoholic beverages not served by AFI, marijuana or any illegal substance.
- Audio or video recording devices (except cellular phones for personal use other than audio or video recording, and, in the case of credentialed press only, audio recording devices). Any attempted use of recording devices may result in your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of the device and/or any recordings made on the device, and may subject you to criminal and/or civil liability.
- Plastic or paper shopping-type bags, coolers, oversized backpacks or messenger bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, briefcases, camera bags or any bag larger than 18” x 6” x 18”.
- Other items that AFI determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, may be harmful or disruptive to the event or guests.
Guests may be asked to leave an event and vacate the premises for reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Attempted use of audio or video recording devices, or unauthorized photography.
- Unruly conduct or disruptive behavior, including use of profane, obscene or abusivelanguage; verbally or physically threatening guests or staff; or participation in a fight.
- Use of illegal substances, marijuana, or excessive alcohol or drug use.
- Entering or attempting to enter any unauthorized areas, such as backstage areas, talent green rooms or red carpet pathways.
- Any action that, in the opinion of AFI, in its sole and absolute discretion, places guests in potential or actual danger, or reduces enjoyment of the event.
Guests that are asked to leave an event will not receive a refund and may be subject to arrest or prosecution.
AFI FEST CODE OF CONDUCT
- AFI is committed to providing thought-provoking and engaging conversations with our AFI FEST filmmakers, guests and audience members.
- AFI does not tolerate inappropriate behavior of any kind, including but not limited to verbal or written harassment or abuse; using discriminatory language, gestures or actions; or any other targeted comments that may violate local, state or federal laws. We reserve the right to revoke, without notice or refund, tickets or passes to AFI FEST.
- Live events may be video recorded by AFI. Audio or video recording by anyone other than AFI is prohibited. If you choose to participate in an AFI FEST Q&A or event, you consent to the use of your comments, name, likeness and/or images in these recordings or for promotional purposes.
- AFI reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to limit access to and/or participation at its events. Possession of a ticket, pass or invitation does not guarantee event access.
- Tickets, passes and invitations are the sole property of AFI. Tickets, passes, invitations and any other forms of access or privileges may be cancelled, revoked or refused at any time for any reason, at the sole and absolute discretion of AFI. AFI will not be in any way liable or responsible to ticket holder/attendee or any other party for any consequences of such cancellation, revocation or refusal, including, without limitation, any penalties, fees, losses or expenses that might result from such cancellation, revocation or refusal. Tickets, passes and invitations are provided to ticket holder/attendee for their personal use only and may not be transferred, sold or bartered to any other person or entity by ticket holder/attendee or any other party, except with the express prior written permission of AFI. Any attempted transfer, sale or barter of tickets, passes or invitations in violation of this policy may result in the cancellation or revocation of such tickets, passes or invitations, or any other access or privileges granted to ticket holder/attendee.
- By attending or participating in, or attempting to attend or participate in an event, each ticket holder/attendee releases and holds harmless AFI, together with its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, successors, sponsors, licensees, subcontractors and assigns, and their respective officers, directors, trustees, employees and agents, from any claims resulting from the ticket holder’s/attendee’s attendance or participation, or the attendance or participation of any guests or companions of the ticket holder/attendee. AFI is released of any and all liability for personal injuries (including death) and property loss or damage occasioned by, or in connection with, any activity or accommodations for its events.
- By attending or participating in, or attempting to attend or participate in an event, each ticket holder/attendee hereby irrevocably grants permission to AFI, its respective associates, alliances, assignees, licensees, sponsors and agents, to photograph, film, videotape and otherwise record user’s attendance and/or performance at the event, without compensation or credit to the ticket holder/attendee, and to telecast, exhibit, sublicense and otherwise utilize the photographs, films, videotapes or other recordings, without compensation or credit to the ticket holder/attendee, in whatever manner AFI or its respective associates, alliances, assignees, licensees, sponsors and agents deem appropriate. Such permission shall include the right to appropriate, without compensation to the ticket holder/attendee, the ticket holder’s/attendee’s name, likeness, voice, statements and any other identifying characteristics, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, use in promotional announcements/materials regarding the event and/or as part of AFI Archive materials, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
- AFI events, rules and rights are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for your cooperation.