While the Conservatory values the diversity brought by our international applicants, Fellows who are neither US citizens nor permanent residents are not eligible for federal student loans. Therefore, international applicants have a more limited opportunity for financial assistance at the Conservatory.
International Fellows are those who are not citizens of the United States and who do not have an Alien Registration Card and number issued by the United States Department of Homeland Security. In general, international Fellows are those who currently have or intend to obtain a visa for study in the United States.
First year international Fellows may obtain private educational loans if they have a creditworthy cosigner who is a US Citizen or permanent resident.
If you are a Canadian, you should visit Canada's student loan programs at
The Conservatory encourages international students to research other scholarship and loan opportunities as well. To assist you in your search, we recommend the following websites to learn more about funding sources for international students. Most sites provide scholarship searches and/or information as well as general information about studying in the United States.
American Association of University Women International Fellowship
- You must complete an academic degree (either in the US or abroad) equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree by Sept 1.
- You must intend to return to your home country to pursue a professional career.
- Country of residence at the time of application (preference will be given to women who reside in their home country at the time of application).
- Application available August 1 – December 1, 2010. Application due December 1, 2010. Fellowship year for funding is July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012.
Fulbright Fellowship Program
- The Fulbright Program is administered by bi-national Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or US Embassies.
- Has provided more than 255,000 participants--chosen for their leadership potential--with the opportunity to observe each others' political, economic and cultural institutions, exchange ideas, and embark on joint ventures of importance to the general welfare of the world's inhabitants.
- Awards approximately 1,800 student grants to non-US nationals to study in the United States annually.
P.E.O. International - Scholarship for Women studying in the US
- The P.E.O. Sisterhood promotes scholarship and other educational opportunities for women.
International Education Financial Aid
- Search engine for International students seeking financial aid, college scholarships or grant information.
- This site presents information about financial aid for international students.
- Pay attention to: Canadian Higher Education Loan Program (CanHELP), Global Student Loan Corporation (GSLC), International Student Loan Program (ISLP), Study Abroad Loan Program (SALP), and The TERI Professional Education Plan (PEP) loan.
- International scholarship search engine.